All meetings are free and open to the public (except benefits, conferences, etc.).
Check various on-line calendars — a list with links is at the bottom of this page — for additional listings.
FC-CIS Sponsored or Co-sponsored Meetings and Events:
The Early Learning Center or ELC (H. T. Edwards Building 2) is 440 Dearing Extension (intersection of West Hancock & Dearing Extension) in Athens
- Wed Oct 18, 3:00 pm, FLiP (Family Literacy Partners), ACC Library
- Thu Oct 19, all day, Dine Out For Kids, The National, The Table, The Pine, and other participating restaurants will donate a percentage to FC-CIS!
- Thu Oct 19, 3:30 pm, CPAW (underage drinking prevention), Clarke County Health Dept.
- Sat Oct 21, #automatic25 release party for R.E.M.’s deluxe 25th anniversary edition of Automatic for the People, benefiting FC-CIS & AthFest Educates, 40 Watt Club, $10
- Mon Oct 23, 12 noon, FC-CIS Neighborhood Leaders, ACC Library
- Wed Oct 25, 3:30 pm, FC-CIS Health & Wellness Strategic Action Team, Clarke County Health Department
- Wed Oct 25, 5:15 & 7:45 pm Backpack Full of Cash screening at Cine, important movie & discussion, organizations supporting public education will have tables
- Thu Oct 26, 8 a.m., FC-CIS Board of Directors meeting, Clarke Central High School
- Thu Nov 2, 9-3:30, Early Language & Literacy “deep dig” in Athens in 4 elementary school zones (coordinated locally by us, with Get Georgia Reading, the Sandra Deal Center for Early Language & Literacy, and the Governor’s Office of Student Achievement)
- Mon Nov 6, 12 noon, FC-CIS Neighborhood Leaders, ACC Library
- Tue Nov 7, 9:30 a.m., Bethel Stakeholders Group, Bethel Midtown Village Community Room
- Wed Nov 8, 3:30 pm, FC-CIS Early Care & Learning Strategic Action Team/E3Z Birth to 8 Team, ELC
- Fri Nov 10, 9:30 am, FC-CIS Interagency & Community meeting, ACC Library
- Mon Nov 13, 12 noon, FC-CIS Neighborhood Leaders, ACC Library
- Mon Nov 27, 12 noon, FC-CIS Neighborhood Leaders, ACC Library
- Thu Dec 7, 8 am, FC-CIS Safety & Community Stability Strategic Action Team, Oasis Católico Santa Rafaela, Pinewoods Estates Mobile Home Park, Trail Creek Drive, Athens – please note new location this month! Click here for directions.
From partners & others:
- Child Welfare Training Collaborative free trainings on trauma, toxic stress, and brain development; CEUs available, cwtc.gsu.ed (click on calendar, then click on workshop)
- Oct 19-21, Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Summit, $324, Asheville
- Thu Oct 19, 8:30 am, Chamber Education Committee, Chamber of Commerce
- Thu Oct 19, 11 am, mandatory informational meeting on applying for CDBG funds, ACC HCD, 375 Satula Ave
- Thu Oct 19, 5:30-8:30 pm (repeated Oct 26 & Nov 2), Athens-Oconee Court Appoint Special Advocates (CASA) Training, 706-613-1922 ext 20, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thu Oct 19, 6-9 pm, Unplugged for The Cottage, acoustic music, food, raffles, silent auction, Little Kings
- Thu Oct 19, 6:30 pm, regional (including Clarke) public awareness forum on foster care hosted by Home in 5, Loganville
- Tue Oct 24, 8 am-4 pm, Professional Development Schools Workshop, $175, Georgia Museum of Art (hosted by UGA College of Education)
- Fri Oct 27, Fall Break (CCSD & UGA holiday)
- Mon Oct 30, CCSD Professional Learning Day (no school for students)
- Thu Nov 2, Homeless & Poverty Coalition, ACC Library
- Thu Nov 2, 6:30 pm, Board of Education work session, Athens Community Career Academy (HT Edwards Bldg 1)
- Thu Nov 9, 6:30 pm, Board of Education business meeting, Athens Community Career Academy (HT Edwards Bldg 1)
- Thu Nov 16, 8:30-10 a.m., Domestic Violence Task Force, ACC Courthouse Grand Jury Room
- Sun, Nov 19, Interfaith Thanksgiving Service & Holiday Benevolence Market, Grand Ballroom, UGA Tate Center
- Thu Nov 28, Geoffrey Canada hosted by GEEARS (in Atlanta)
Other calendars: Clarke County School District, The Willson Center for Humanities and Arts, Online Athens/Athens Banner Herald, Flagpole, Athens-Clarke County Library, Athens-Clarke County Leisure Services, Athens-Clarke County Visitors Bureau, Athens-Oconee Parent Magazine, University of Georgia, Athens Macaroni Kid, Athens-Clarke County Unified Government, Piedmont Athens Regional Medical Center, St. Mary’s Health System