Athens Students Connect to Success! High School FC-CIS Site Coordinator Job Description
Job Title: Family Connection-Communities In Schools Site Coordinator
Reports to: Athens Students Connect to Success Project Manager
Position Type: Full-time Salary: Up to $31,250/year (10 month position)
Family Connection-Communities In Schools of Athens seeks Site Coordinator to bring community resources to address student needs in the local high schools for its Athens Students Connect to Success! project, funded by an Aspire grant from the AT&T Foundation. This position would be for one school year, with the possibility of renewal if continuation funds are available.
Start date July 17, 2017
- In partnership with key stakeholders, coordinate creation, implementation, and monitoring of annual site operations plan, incorporating needs assessment, service delivery, data tracking, and evaluation/reporting.
- Secure community support and partnerships to meet school-wide and students’ needs as identified in the site operations plan.
- Work with school team to identify students who need services. Provide tiered services to students and their families to identify and eliminate barriers to their academic/school success. Coordinate whole school and prevention activities, opportunities for career exploration, job shadowing or internships, and assistance with post-secondary education planning, financial assistance, and applications.
- Coordinate and engage students in community service and service learning projects.
- Support and participate in school orientations, open houses, and parent events.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers for school site.
- Assure all required data collection is entered into required data management systems (e.g. CISDM).
- Evaluate the effectiveness of services in achieving school-wide goals and addressing the needs of individual students. Monitor and adjust services as needed to maximize effectiveness and impact.
- Communicate closely with the Project Manager at all times.
- Provide written reports as required.
- Participate in FC-CIS Strategic Action Teams as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to the mission of Family Connection-Communities In Schools of Athens
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Social Work or related field; relevant experience may be substituted
- Experience working directly with youth
- Excellent writing, communication, and leadership skills
- Strong understanding of the Athens community, the population to be served, and the community systems that serve youth and families, including schools, health systems, human services, and others
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and social media
- Valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, and proof of adequate auto insurance coverage
- Ability both to work independently and to work in a team
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Must pass criminal background
E-mail resume and references with cover letter, to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Family Connection-Communities In Schools of Athens is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, or political affiliation.