Family Connection-Communities In Schools of Athens
Timothy Prosperity Zone
Job Title: Neighborhood Leader
Reports to: Director of Neighborhood Engagement
Salary: $36,000/year, competitive benefits
To apply for this position by e-mailing a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open until filled. No calls, please.
Family Connection-Communities In Schools of Athens (FC-CIS) seeks applicants for the position of
Prosperity Zone Neighborhood Leader, to support FC-CIS’s partnership in the Athens-Clarke
County Unified Government’s work to address poverty, social disparity, and wealth inequality.
Neighborhood Leaders are of the community and work in and with the community to provide
resource & referral support, case management, and support for civic engagement for community
residents to achieve their aspirations, and share information to community planners and policy-
makers on related challenges, barriers, and opportunities.
– Provide Tier 1
Group outreach services – Information-sharing through presentations in neighborhoods
and at community gatherings, tabling at community events, and other outreach.
– Provide Tier 2
Individual case management support – Work with (not just for) individuals of all ages and
families to develop an action plan to connect to needed services and opportunities; help
access the services as appropriate (including assistance in filling out application
paperwork if needed); follow up to ascertain the status of their individual plan, if they got
the service(s), and what if any outcomes resulted; and to offer further assistance.
– Input data on Tier 1 services, and case management Tier 2 cases, into the organizational
– Provide weekly and monthly reports as required.
– Handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
– Engage residents in community-building, including but not limited to providing input into
community planning (Unified Government community planning, Family Connection-CIS
Strategic Action Teams, Envision Athens work groups, and others), surveys, voter
registration, engaging in neighborhood and other community organizations, and other
– Participate in community planning, including but not limited to Unified Government
planning, FC-CIS Strategic Action Teams, Envision Athens work groups, and others.
– Complete all required training, initial and ongoing.
– Participate in weekly staff meetings and other meetings/trainings as needed.
– Perform all other duties as assigned.
– Residing in or having a connection to the Timothy Prosperity Zone is preferred.
– Must have general knowledge of the community and community services.
– Must have experience working in the community (paid or volunteer).
– Must have Microsoft Office computer skills, internet skills, and ability to learn new
– Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Must possess the ability to handle conflict professionally and in a productive manner.
– Must be a reliable, energetic, and motivated team player.
– Must be able to set up, attend, and break down displays and materials at community
– Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 40 pounds in warehouse for various needs.
– Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and auto insurance.
Note: All candidates meeting the qualifications are encouraged to apply. There will be a criminal
background check, but every applicant will be considered. There will be a probationary period for
the selected applicant. Family Connection-Communities In Schools of Athens is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities,
physical or mental disability, or political affiliation.