Job Title: Neighborhood Leader for Barrow Prosperity Zone (job-share)
Open until filled
Reports to: Neighborhood Leaders Project Director
Position Type: 80% time (job shared with current NL who will work 20%) Salary: $24,000
To apply e-mail cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com. Open until filled. No calls, please.
Family Connection-Communities In Schools of Athens (FC-CIS) seeks applicants to job-share as Neighborhood Leader for the Barrow Prosperity Zone, to support FC-CIS’s partnership in the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government’s work to address poverty, social disparity, and wealth inequality. Neighborhood Leaders provide resource & referral support, case management, and support for civic engagement for community residents. This position will be 80%, job-shared with the current Neighborhood Leader who is shifting to 20%.
- Provide Tier 1 group outreach services – information-sharing through presentations in neighborhoods and at community gatherings, tabling at community events, and other outreach.
- Provide Tier 2 individual case management support – work with (not just for) individuals of all ages and families to develop an action plan to connect to needed services; help access the services as appropriate (including assistance in filling out application paperwork if needed); follow up to ascertain the status of their individual plan, if they got the service(s), and what if any outcomes resulted; and to offer further assistance.
- Input data on Tier 1 services, and case management Tier 2 cases, into the organizational database.
- Provide weekly, monthly and other reports as required.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Engage residents in community-building, including but not limited to responding to the Census, registering to vote, voting, providing input into community planning (HCD and other Unified Government community planning, Envision Athens, Family Connection-CIS, other), engaging in neighborhood and other community organizations, and other civic activities.
- Participate in community planning, including but not limited to Unified Government planning, Envision Athens committee work, FC-CIS Strategic Action Teams, and other.
- Complete all required training, initial and ongoing.
- Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Residing in the Empowerment Zone in which working is preferred
- Must have general knowledge of the community and community services
- Must have experience working in the community (paid or volunteer)
- Must have Microsoft Office computer skills, internet skills, and ability to learn new software
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to handle conflict professionally and in a productive manner
- Reliable, energetic, and motivated team player
- Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and auto insurance
Note: All candidates meeting the qualifications are encouraged to apply. There will be a criminal background check, but every applicant will be considered. There will be a probationary period for each selected applicant.
Family Connection-Communities In Schools of Athens is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, or political affiliation.